The National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA) encourages local communities to Get Wild during the month of July. According to the organization:
“Since 1985, America has celebrated July as the nation’s official Park and Recreation Month. This July we are encouraging you and your community to GET WILD about parks and recreation!
Everything from wild workouts and wellness to getting wet and wild at the pool or even wild with nature – you just can’t help but have fun this July, all while expressing the many valuable benefits of parks and recreation!”
Linn County Conservation is asking for your help to Get Wild this month! Check out the ideas below and send us photos, stories, and your experiences in Linn County Parks!
1) Get Wild by participating in a family-fun event at Wickiup Hill
2) Get Wild by visiting the Watercraft Concession at Pinicon Ridge Park
3) Get Wild by spending a night camping at one of the many campgrounds in Linn County
4) Get Wild by hiding or finding some geocaches (not sure what this is? Find out!)
6) Get Wild by climbing the Observation Tower at Pinicon Ridge Park
7) Get Wild by photographing the Butterfuly Garden at the Morgan Creek Park Abroretum
8) Get Wild by exploring the historic Abbe Creek One Room School House Museum